Veterinary Jobs in Los Angeles
Looking for something new? We are a friendly, team-oriented, and supportive clinic. We practice high-quality medicine with excellent customer service. View our open positions below.
Experienced Veterinary Technician
We are a veterinary dermatology practice looking for a responsible and flexible individual to join our team. We are a friendly, team-oriented, and supportive clinic. We practice high-quality medicine with excellent customer service. Applicants must have a positive attitude and be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Our staff must have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with the clients and their pets.
- Work-life balance, respect, recognition, and professional development.
- No weekend shifts.
- Great hours.
- We have a cleaning crew after hours, so end-of-day mopping and kitchen/bath cleaning are not required!
Veterinary Technician job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the intake of patients
- Recovering patients after surgery. Each patient needs their vitals taken periodically to ensure they are within normal limits.
- Each patient may need additional treatments in recovery including ear cleanings, flea products, etc.
- Administering medications and injections.
- Assisting patient procedures such as restraining, ear cleanings, sedation, blood draws, IV catheter placement, cystocentesis, anesthesia monitoring, etc.
- Assisting doctors with exams, filling prescriptions, reviewing home care instructions with caregiver/owner, and answering questions.
- Assisting in end-of-day tasks cleaning and prepping surgical instruments, restocking supplies as needed, and prepping and cleaning of cages, traps, and/or carriers as needed.
- Must be reliable and on time.
- Must be able to clearly communicate and relay information to doctors and owners.
- Preparing allergy testing kits, immunotherapy refills, and ear medications.
- Performing basic medical tasks under doctor supervision
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs
Please submit your resume through indeed, do not call.
Fair and competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skill level.
*We have a cleaning crew after hours, so end-of-day mopping and kitchen/bath cleaning are not required!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90025: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- When can you start work?
- We have 8-hour shifts between 6:45a-4:15p Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and shifts from 6:45a-7:15p Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Can you work during these times?
- Veterinary technician experience: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)