Board Certified Veterinary Dermatologists
Our veterinary dermatologists specialize in providing the very best and most advanced care of animals with skin and ear diseases. Our clinic understands that every pet and pet owner is unique. We gather all information and come up with a customized diagnostic and treatment plan with the goal of achieving the highest quality of life for the entire family.
Why visit a veterinary dermatology specialist?
Veterinary dermatologists have done extensive post-doctoral training in the diagnosis and treatment of skin, ear, hair, and claw conditions. This training and experience lead to:
- Early recognition of unusual dermatological and ear conditions
- Improved management of difficult cases
- Possible cure for the most frustrating diseases
- Ability to provide more treatment options
- Advanced management of medications with the goal of balancing treatments and minimizing side effects
- Effective treatment for chronic or recurrent ear infections, veterinary dermatologists are the ear infection experts
- Accurate diagnosis of a problematic skin infection or rash
- Relief from constant itching, licking, and chewing
Pet Allergy and dermatology services:
We work hard to find the root cause of your pet’s condition and come up with a plan to help relieve you and your pet from their suffering. Creating a plan for your pet’s skin or ear issue is a journey, and we’re with you every step of the way.
- Allergy and immune-mediated diseases
- Ear infections and diseases
- Bacterial skin infections and rashes
- Hair loss disorders
- Dermatophytes (ringworm)
- Fungal infections (yeast infections)
- Nail infections or diseases
- Viral-induced skin lesion or warts (papilloma, herpes)
- Hormonal diseases affecting the skin (Cushing’s, hypothyroid, sex hormones)
- Skin growths and cancers (skin mass)
- Nutritional disorders of skin and ears
- Keratinization disorders (diseases that affect the normal physiology of the skin both genetic and secondary conditions)
- Drug reactions affecting skin and ears
- Nail and hair diseases
- Recurrent ear infection management
- Video otoscopy and deep ear flush
- Allergy testing and immunotherapy (allergy shots or oral allergy drops)
- Autoimmune skin disease diagnosis and management
- Bacterial infection management
- Fungal infection management
- Parasitic disease management
- Laser surgery
- Biopsy and mass removal surgeries
- Trichography (hair evaluation)
Learn about what services Veterinary Skin & Ear offers!
We love our patients!
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean the world to us.
I found Dr. Richman at his former practice, and I am beyond thankful that I did. He called me shortly after Jameson’s drop off appointment and told me his initial thoughts were that it is an autoimmune disease called pemphigus foliaceus. Within a couple hours, the blood tests he ran confirmed it. THIS WAS AFTER 4 MONTHS OF VETS TRYING AND FAILING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG- HE FIGURED IT OUT IN ONE APPOINTMENT. His covid bedside telephone manner is great- very informative, keeps it real, and tells you the options. This is a very serious and potentially fatal disease and Jamo had about a 50/50 chance of survival, but we do have some really good treatment options to give him a fighting shot. I was convinced Jameson was done for, but Dr. Richman wasn’t at all. He proved me wrong.
Dr Richman took a genuine interest in Jameson- He treated him like he was his own dog. We formulated a plan A and plan B. Plan A was to throw traditional meds at it, and that did not work. Plan B was a protocol from UNC that was recently published, and he had used before. Plan B worked, but not without side effects. Dr Richman managed and mitigated the side effects and saved my dog’s life. I’ll repeat that- HE SAVED MY DOGS LIFE. Dr Richman took Jamo’s 50/50 odds and we all won.
Jameson went from a shell of his former self, back to the happy healthy playful pup that he is. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Dr. Richman- he is a special veterinarian, there aren’t many as talented as him in the world.
Still unsure? He just started this practice on his own after leaving a large chain of vets. Support a locally owned family business and get your pet the best possible care.