New Patient Information
Everything you need to know prior to your first appointment.
- If possible, collect all medical records. They may be emailed to our office prior to your visit. (Veterinary hospitals will do this directly from their office by your request).
- Bring all medications or a list of any pertinent medications your pet is taking or has recently taken (within 8 weeks).
- Please fill out the Client + Patient forms (links below).
- If you have an E-collar, bring it with you for your initial appointment and any biopsy or surgical procedure.
- Do not bathe your pet the week before the initial exam. It is fine to bathe for recheck exams.
- If this is your first visit, please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your exam so we can process your registration forms and review your records. If you cannot fill out the online forms, please arrive 20 minutes early.
- If you have a morning appointment, please do not feed your pet breakfast that morning. (Diabetic pets do not need to be fasted).
Medicines to Withhold Before Allergy Testing
Those patients being referred specifically for intradermal skin testing will need to have the following medications withdrawn prior to testing:
- Long-acting injectable steroids (Depo-medrol): 8 to 12 weeks
- Short-acting injectable steroids (Dexamethasone, Vetalog): 4 weeks
- Oral corticosteroids (Prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisolone): 4 weeks
- Topical corticosteroids (including ear & eye medications): 3 weeks
- Antihistamines (Benadryl, Zyrtec, Hydroxizine, etc.): 2 weeks
- Fatty acids (Fish oils): 2 weeks
- Amitriptylline (Elavil): 2 Weeks
- Oral progestins (Ovaban, etc.): 4 weeks
- Intact female dogs must be out of heat for at least 4 weeks before allergy testing can be performed.
Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch with you shortly to confirm your appointment date and time. If you need immediate assistance, please call us directly at 310-855-3499.
Have a question?
If you need anything at all, our contact information is below.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Tue: 10:15 am - 7:00 pm
Fri: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed